Sunday, October 7, 2012

Feeling lost

As you all know I have been dealing with a sewing machine on the fritz. It has about done me in. I have given up on it and pulled out my mothers old machine that I put away when I bought the one I have now. It is a decent machine but seemed to give me trouble occasionally too. But I am happy to report that for the time being it is working well enough to get some projects started so I can get them sent off. 

I am making a mini quilt for my partner in MSMS. 

It isn't perfect by any means but I am proud at the way it came out. I had never put together a swoon block before but it was fun. Only confusing part was figuring out what size blocks to cut of each color since I made a rainbow. I really hope my parter enjoys this when it's finished. Thinking about making a small pincushion to go with it. 

Goals of the week:
Finish mini swoon ( hopefully tomorrow)
Pick up grandma's sewing machine for back up 
Get one more quilt to the binding stage ( Just not sure which one I'll pick...maybe the skull quilt.)

What are you working on this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment