Saturday, October 13, 2012

Done and Done

Today is a day of finishes for me. I have had horrible luck lately with sewing machines. I was blessed that my grandmother used to sew and took really good care of her beloved singer. I picked up her machine which hadn't been used in almost 10 years. With a little prompting and dusting she fired right back up and went to work!! She is old but she is wonderful. Only thing I need is a 1/4" foot that fits. The one on it now makes me sew backwards for what  I'm used to. 

But any who....

While at work I finished the binding on three items. 
First was the houndstooth quilt. Let me just say my fingers are raw from sewing the binding on this one. But it turned out better than I thought it would. 

Next is the kitchenaid mixer cover for my secret partner in the Modernista Homemade swap. I plan on making a couple towels for the kitchen as well then this is off to it's new home. 


Last but not least is my mini swoon quilt for my other secret partner in the MSMS. This one came out even better than I had imagined. 


And of course a binding shot. I don't know why I love these so much but I do. 




Since im doing the 100 day hustle here is my updated list:

All of these are a must happen:

  1. Sewing binding onto granny squares quilt.   finished 9/23
  2. Baste, quilt, and bind Made in cherry quilt. 
  3. Baste, quilt, and bind Plus quilt. 
  4. Baste, quilt, and bind Tetris quilt. 
  5. Finish sewing houndstooth quilt so I can baste, quilt, and bind.  finished 10/13
  6. Sew wienie dog quilt.
  7. Sew Link triforce quilt. 
  8. Sew skull quilt.  Ready to quilt ( hope to finished this one monday)
  9. Sew chevron quilt. (not even sure of fabric on this one)
  10. Make gift for secret partner in Modernista Homemade swap due 10/22  finished 10/13
  11. Make gift for secret partner in Modern She made swap due 11/19. finished 10/13
These are a would like to happen (We shall see how that goes):
  1. Sew macbook cover for me!
  2. Sew fabric baskets for my growing stash pile (must be color coordinated of course)
  3. Make keychains for small gifts. 
  4. Use some scraps making potholders and other small things for gifts. 

After work if I can muster up the energy the plan is to cut the fabric for the wienie dog quilt and sew it together at work. If we manage to have a good day. 

Thats all for now. How is your list going??

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that herringbone quilt!! I have that pattern and some day I'll get around to making it! Your swoon is great too :)

    ReplyDelete